The Pine Bluff/Jefferson County Library is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated part-time programmer/reference specialist. This position will be stationed at the new Main Library and will plan and conduct programs for children, teens and adults in the 5 library locations throughout the county. Selection of materials for children and teens at the Main Library, as well as materials to support Main Library adult programming, and working the reference desk in the children’s area are required. Must be creative, knowledgeable of computers and MS Office products and able to keep accurate statistics.
Please see the job description for job duties and qualification requirements. Pay is $11.50 per hour, or based on 25 hours each week (1,300 hours annually), a total of $14,950. Send resumes with a completed Pine Bluff/Jefferson County Library System application. Additional questions should be emailed to TBlair@pineblufflibrary.org; no phone inquiries please. Deadline is August 13, 2020.
The job description is provided here : Program Specialist Job Description July 2020.docx.
The Bella Vista Public Library, City of Bella Vista, Arkansas, is currently seeking a full-time Cataloger, specializing in technical services, to join our team. Along with prior cataloging experience, the ideal candidate will possess excellent customer service skills and a passion for working with and assisting library patrons.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Catalogs and classifies library materials, including books, CDs, DVDs, periodicals, kindles or other documents using national standards and local practices.
· Ensures the accuracy and consistency of data in the cataloging and classification of all library materials.
· Performs original and copy cataloging and adapts online records according to guidelines in all subject areas and languages.
· Inputs and verifies catalog information using an integrated library system.
· Determines appropriate treatments for series or multipart items.
· Organizes materials according to highest priority.
· Conducts research and assembles reports.
· Assists patrons by answering questions and assisting with library technical equipment.
· Provides inventory support for the library.
· Assists with physically processing library materials.
· Responsible for assessing donated material for the library collection.
· Participates in Circulation Desk rotation.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 1 year library cataloging experience.
· Experience working with integrated library system.
· Knowledge of principles of library science, standard methods, and resources.
· Experience working with Microsoft Office, including the creation of excel spreadsheets.
· Demonstrated strong organizational and planning skills.
· Ability to assist patrons with library computers as well as tablets, eReaders, etc.
· Ability to work as a team member with other library staff members and contribute in a positive manner.
· Excellent customer service experience and a positive, helpful attitude.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Willingness to embrace change and ability to adapt as needed.
· Abides by ALA Library Bill of Rights.
· Master’s degree (Master of Library and Information Science).
· Knowledge of library law.
Apply via the following link: https://www.bellavistaar.gov/residents/employment/index.php
Select CURRENT NON-UNIFORMED OPENINGS
NOTE: Candidates will be required to pass a drug screen and background check.
Successful candidate will provide a high level of customer service to all library users.
Qualifications: MLS/MLIS or Master’s degree in a related field AND 3 to 5 years of relevant experience. Experience developing library programs. Prefer demonstrated performance in a management position including supervisory experience and quality computer skills.
Duties include managing the library building, staff, and collection using professional principles of the library field. Will oversee the successful long term and daily operation of the reference department. Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Full time position. Salary dependent on level of experience and library education, starting at $38,890 plus excellent benefits.
Background check required.
Applications must be submitted online. It is recommended that you use the Google Chrome browser to submit your application.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, you can apply online at https://eols.org/apply-now/.
The West Plains Public Library has an immediate opening for the position of Director of Library Services for the West Plains Public Library. The library contains a collection of approximately 85,000 items, with an annual budget of more than $500,000. West Plains, Missouri is a growing community of more than 11,000 residents serving a multi-county regional trade area of more than 100,000 people located in South Central Missouri. The position will be responsible for the operation and management of the library, including staff supervision of 10 full- and part-time employees, budgeting and finances, grant application preparation, public relations and community programs, library technology, acquisition and maintenance of the library collections, and short and long-term planning in conjunction with the Library Board of Trustees. Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) with an MLS preferred, and one to three years related or equivalent library services and management experience. Salary range is $40,000-$63,000 and dependent on education and experience, with an excellent benefit package. Deadline – June 19, 2020. Applicants may apply on line at www.westplains.net or pick up or drop off applications/resumes at West Plains City Hall 1910 Holiday Lane. The City of West Plains is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Essential Job Functions
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential duties:
· Submit recommendations on library policies and services to governing body, such as to the Board of Directors, and implement policy decisions. Follow and adhere to all City employee policies.
· Plan, organize and direct all activities concerned with the administration of the library.
· Prepare agenda and monthly reports for meetings of the Library Board; attend all board meetings.
· Oversee the employees. Act as a liaison between the Board and staff. Hold staff meetings, in service staff training and related issues consistent with the Library Board and the City of West Plains approved personnel policy.
· Prepare with the library finance committee, the annual library budget.
· Administer the day to day financial operations of the library.
· Responsible for collection development for the library, which includes electronic ordering of library materials.
· Propose and confer with the Library Board on policies and long-range planning for the library.
· Oversee the planning and development of new or renovated building projects within the city library district.
· Promote public relations, including new releases, public speaking and meeting with organizational groups.
· Membership in national (ALA), state (MLA) and local civic organizations.
· On state library committees when asked by Missouri State Library (CE Committee).
· Supervise the continued development and maintenance of the library’s automated catalog/circulation system.
· Secure bids and quotations for acquisitions and maintenance for the library.
· Hold staff meetings when deemed necessary to provide smooth operating procedures of the library.
· Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Board of Trustees.
· Directly supervise Library personnel. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the City’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Collaborates, advises and consults with other libraries, relevant organizations, professionals, officials, citizens and community groups to develop and deliver library services.
Approves and prepares grant requests to state and federal agencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) for Position
An employee in this class must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities upon application:
Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles, theories, objectives and practices of library management including library automation systems.
Knowledge of library resources: print, non-print, digital and electronic
Demonstrated knowledge of public relations procedures
Commitment to customer service
Strong oral and written communication skills which includes telephone, in person and printed word.
Prepare administrative reports in a clear, precise and logical manner.
Ability to understand and interpret library policies, procedures and regulations.
Keep accurate records
Represent the library at professional and community meetings.
The employee is required to follow all safety procedures as outlined in the West Plains Safety Manuals.
Copyright © 2020 Arkansas Library Association. All rights reserved.