The Van Buren County Public Library is seeking an experienced, proactive, energetic, supportive, and creative Library Administrator. With a strong commitment to public library service, this chief administrative and financial officer of library advances and promotes the mission, policies and signature programs of the Van Buren County Library. The Library Administrator is responsive to the changing needs of the community and develops and implements a strategic plan in conjunction with the Library Board of Trustees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Library Administration: The ideal candidate will be an effective team player and team leader; set high standards for personal and departmental performance; possess a participatory management style which values the contributions of dedicated and talented employees; and be an excellent communicator.
• Budgeting: Prepares and submits an annual budget to the quorum court and directs and monitors all revenue and expenditures in accordance with budget parameters; identifies and pursues additional/alternative funding sources; oversees all financial transactions and required local, state, and federal reporting; provides monthly financial planning data to the Library board to assist in establishing long and short-term financial priorities.
• Board Relations: Works closely with the Library Board of Trustees, the Van Buren county government and the Friends of the Library to carry out their directives, assisting in strategic planning and assisting the Board in setting goals and objectives and evaluating the Library’s effectiveness in relation to the changing needs of the community; advises the Library Board of Trustees on operational, fiscal, facilities, and staffing matters, and implements policies established by the Board.
Regional Relations: The Van Buren County Library is part of a 2 –County Region with Faulkner County, work closely and maintain good relations with the Regional Director and the Regional County Board.
• Minimum qualifications include extensive leadership and customer service experience, preferably in a public library environment, personnel management and supervisory experience, an MLS degree or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Must have the ability to interact successfully with the public; knowledge of books and reading; excellent written and oral communications skills; advanced computer skills; and a valid driver’s license.
Full Time Position with an excellent benefits package that currently includes paid health/life insurance, retirement plan, paid leave benefits.
For more information contact Karla Fultz @ 501-745-2100 or email: email@example.com
Posted 11/26/2018 – 12/26/2018
Requisition ID 2018-46011
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Department AA Library Education & References Srvs
The Education and Research Services (E&RS) Department at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Library is seeking a faculty member to coordinate educational programs and provide assessment of educational initiatives within the Library. S/He promotes institution-wide awareness of library services, collections and resources, and teaches information management skills in support of education, research, and patient care. S/He leads efforts to assess the information needs of UAMS students, faculty and staff both on and off campus.
UAMS is the only academic health sciences center in Arkansas with the central campus in Little Rock, the Northwest campus in Fayetteville and Regional Centers around the state. Founded in 1879, UAMS is located in Mid-town Little Rock and is the only designated adult level one trauma center in Arkansas. In 2009, UAMS opened a new 540,000 square-foot hospital with 234 adult beds and 60 neonatal beds increasing the total number of beds to 450. The state-of-the art hospital, outpatient center, and specialized institutes of excellence provide world-class care. The UAMS Library, which is centrally located on campus, is integrated into every aspect of the campus mission and supports the education, clinical, research, and outreach activities of six colleges (Graduate School, Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health.) Faculty, staff, and students work and study in a stimulating and culturally diverse environment. The UAMS Library serves the health information needs of the citizens of Pulaski County and provides support to the rest of the state through a network of Regional Center Libraries. Additional information about UAMS can be found at http://web.uams.edu/about/fast-facts. Information on the beautiful, vibrant city of Little Rock can be found at http://www.littlerock.com/.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
This is a full-time, non-tenured faculty position with rank and salary commensurate with the individual’s education and experience.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Quiet
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
PROCESS TO APPLY
UAMS has recently instituted an online application process. Interested candidates should follow the instructions below for submitting their application.
NOTE: The system only allows one document to be uploaded so the cover letter and CV must be in a single document.
To apply, click the button at end of the full job description.
Applications can only be accepted via the online submission system.
Outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic mission-driven organization! The Kansas City Public Library is looking for a dynamic, engaging, creative, and community focused Manager for our Waldo Community Branch. Located in a thriving historic community, the Waldo Community Branch serves a diverse area of close knit neighborhoods and thriving locally owned businesses. The Branch Manager is responsible for leading the daily operations of the branch including supervising staff, and providing information and reader’s advisory services through direct service to patrons. The manager shall also engage in the community by actively building relationships with churches, schools and community organizations to promote the Library’s collections and services. Opportunity to be part of a renovation project. Minimum qualifications include extensive leadership and customer service experience, preferably in a public library environment, personnel management and supervisory experience, an MLS degree or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. Must have the ability to interact successfully with the public; knowledge of books and reading; excellent written and oral communications skills; advanced computer skills and competency in technology used in libraries; and a valid driver’s license. Salary: 54,235 DOQ plus excellent benefits. Position is open until filled.
To more information and to apply for the job:
Tenure Track, Assistant Professor, position in Library Services at Pittsburg State University.
Library reference, instruction services, and the implementation of collaborative programs, innovative services, and outreach for evolving user and academic program needs.
· Provide leadership in developing and implementing a library learning commons while monitoring developments and trends in service models;
· Facilitate a collaborative process to develop, refine, and implement innovative service models between the library and other campus units. Partnerships can include campus units such as, the Student Success Center, The Writing Center, and the Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology, and others;
· Perform traditional librarian duties, including reference, instruction, collection development, assessment, and departmental liaison duties;
· Participate in promoting and marketing library events, services, and programs;
· Assist library users and campus partners with information and digital literacy initiatives;
· Demonstrate a strong commitment to library user services and programs that support student success;
· Develop LibGuides for subject specialties and explore options for embedding library resources in the academic learning management system;
· Explore opportunities for library participation in online, co-curricular, and open education resource courses;
· Participate in university-wide committees and professional development opportunities;
· Engage in research, service, and professional development worthy of tenure and promotion as a faculty member of Pittsburg State University.
· Masters degree in library and/or information science from an ALA accredited program.
· Strong customer service commitment.
· Effective communication, presentation and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, faculty and staff in a changing and dynamic environment.
· Ability to remain current with emerging technology and academic trends.
· Minimum of two years of professional experience in an academic library.
· Experience with the assessment of information literacy and student learning outcomes.
· Familiarity with the development of academic learning and information commons.
This is a 12-month, tenure-track faculty position with an anticipated appointment at the rank of assistant professor. The successful candidate will demonstrate the capability and commitment to engage in research, service, and continued professional development worthy of promotion and tenure as a faculty member at Pittsburg State University.
Electronic submissions only. https://www.pittstate.edu/hr/jobs/assistant-professor,-learning-outreach-librarian.html Interested and qualified applicants should upload a cover letter; resume; and contact information for three professional references, including a current or former supervisor. Applications received by January 7, 2019 will be given first consideration. Position is open until filled. Position is contingent upon funding. For more information, call Mr. Jorge Leon at 620-235-4892.
BRANCH MANAGER – The Central Arkansas Library System seeks a branch manager for the Adolphine Fletcher Terry Library at 2015 Napa Valley Drive, Little Rock, AR 72212. An ALA-accredited MLS, current work toward an MLS, or the equivalent of a four-year college degree plus three years related experience and/or training; and related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. Candidates must possess strong customer service skills and enthusiasm for working with a diverse population of all ages. Supervisory, leadership, and project management skills are required, along with an open-minded and progressive approach to library service. Strong local community involvement essential. Responsibilities include oversight of all daily library operations; hiring, training, supervision & evaluation of staff; cash handling; and scheduling. Previous supervisory experience is strongly preferred. Knowledge of electronic information services and library technology is essential. Schedule will include some nights and weekends. Salary negotiable from $37,689/yr. plus outstanding benefits package. Send application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Terry branch manager. This position closes 12/6/2018.
Library Assistant – Part-time 20 hours/week public service position at the Millie Brooks Library (Wrightsville). Seeking energetic, customer service oriented applicants with excellent communication and reader’s advisory skills. Responsibilities include assisting with the Food for Good program, checking in periodicals, ordering branch supplies, and designing printed and digital promotions for the branch. Tasks also include checking materials in and out, answering patron questions, registering patrons for library cards, some information searching, and shelving. Familiarity with technology, digital media, popular reading and entertainment materials desirable. Must be able to work cooperatively with staff and public, and be able to work some evenings and Saturdays. Pay is $10.78 per hour plus excellent benefits. To apply, please send resume and application to email@example.com by 11/29/18.
Here is the link for the above position: Job Posting -Regional Youth Specialist-Headquarters.
LIBRARY ASSISTANT – Full time, public service position in the Patron Services department at the Main Library. Seeking energetic, customer service oriented applicants with excellent communication and reader’s advisory skills. Responsibilities include management of audio-visual materials (problems, missing parts, broken materials), checking materials in and out, answering patron questions, registering patrons for library cards, some information searching, and shelving. Familiarity with technology, digital media, popular reading and entertainment materials desirable. Must be able to work cooperatively with staff and public, and be able to work some evenings weekends. Starting salary is $22,422 with excellent benefits. Please send resume and application with the heading A/V specialist to Mike Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position closes on 11/21/2018.
Assistant Library Director Job Opening
The Craighead Co. Jonesboro Public Library in Jonesboro, Arkansas is looking for an Assistant Library Director to help lead and support our fun and creative staff of more than sixty employees as we embark on some new and exciting projects. Located an hour northwest of Memphis, TN in the northeast corner of Arkansas, we serve a growing population of over 130,000 with our main facility in Jonesboro, and seven smaller branches spread throughout two counties. Some responsibilities would include assisting with any special projects, overseeing our branch services, serving as a liaison to our Friends of the Library support group, and updating and revising policies and procedures as necessary. We are a very collaborative minded group and are looking for an individual with a similar mindset.
Candidates should have a Master’s degree in Library Science as well as a minimum of three years’ experience in a supervisory capacity. The starting salary will be between $55,000 and $60,000 depending upon experience. We also offer a generous benefits package including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance premiums for each fulltime employee. For a detailed job description, please visit: https://www.libraryinjonesboro.org/employment-opportunities
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and list of references to Jordan Wilson, Assistant Business Manager, at email@example.com or mailed to 315 West Oak Avenue, Jonesboro, AR 72401. This job will remain open until we find the right person.
TEEN PROGRAMMER – Full time public service position at the Main Library, in the Level 4 Teen Center of the Youth Services Department. Seeking a dynamic and energetic teen programmer to provide programming for children ages 12-19, special events, and outreach. In addition to programming, the employee will be responsible for coordinating teen volunteers, tracking volunteer hours, and further developing the teen volunteer program. The employee must demonstrate excellent customer service to library patrons of all ages. Ideal candidate will be team oriented, have experience working with teens, and have some knowledge of young adult literature. Some evenings and weekends are required. Starting salary $24,024 with excellent benefits. Please send resume and application to Youth Services manager Amanda Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will close on Friday November 16, 2018.
Copyright © 2018 Arkansas Library Association. All rights reserved.