The Technology Manager is responsible for managing all information technology activities including ILS administration and automation, communication, and network systems for the Saline County Library.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, two years of public library experience, and two years of supervisory experience preferred. Strong problem solving skills, sound judgement, self-motivation, and the commitment to providing excellent service in a public library are essential.
$18.65-$27.97 per hour, depending on experience
POSITION: Library Manager
LOCATION: Taneyhills Community Library, 200 S. 4th Street, Branson, MO 65616
SALARY: $30,000-$35,000 annually, based on experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
This is a full-time position, approximately 40 hours per week. Position may occasionally require candidates to work evenings and Saturday hours.
Taneyhills Community Library was established in 1933. We depend on income from our retail shops, fees from library services, donations, and grants. The vision for the Taneyhills Community Library is to be a customer focused dynamic library that is an integral part of the greater Branson community.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Manages the daily operations of the library’s public access areas and is responsible for circulation desk activity.
· Responsible for the training, scheduling, and supervision of paid and volunteer staff which may include informing circulation desk workers of changes in library policies and procedures.
· Assists as needed with library services and programming in compliance with library policies and/or guidance from the Library Director.
· Oversees collection management to include material selection, cataloging in KOHA, and supervising collection maintenance.
· Accountable for purchasing library materials, office supplies, and handling grant funds dedicated to collection expansion.
· Assists with formulation of library goals, objectives, policies and procedures through participation in Operations Management Team.
· This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; employee may be required to perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Library.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrate ability to organize work effectively, lead and direct personnel, and execute library policies.
· Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written.
· A compelling commitment to customer service and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patrons, and the community.
· Advanced skills for operating computer and office equipment to assist patrons and staff with technology and software issues.
· Working knowledge of recent Microsoft and Google programs.
· Strong basic math and cash handling skills.
· Ability to multitask effectively in a high-traffic environment.
· Aptitude to effectively respond to problems and complaints with library patrons and/or staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Information Science or Communications. Preference for MLS or MLIS degree from an ALA accredited institution with three years of professional, supervisory experience.
· Collection development and cataloging proficiency.
· Experience working with a diverse group of people.
· Demonstrated expertise in public library customer service excellence.
Performs bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching from floor level to a height of 6 feet.
Displays good coordination and mobility.
Routine lifting and handling of library materials weighing up to 30 lbs.
May require sitting for extended periods of time.
May require performing work at a computer terminal for extended periods.
Reports to the Library Director.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter LIBRARY MANAGER APPLICATION in the Subject line of the email. Resume should contain applicant’s contact information, educational background, past work history, and examples of accomplishments and experience that match the elements listed in the job posting.
Philander Smith College is currently accepting applications for the position of Digital Librarian/Archivist. Under the supervision of the Director of Library, the Digital Librarian/Archivist assists in the management and planning of the digital services at D.W. Reynolds Library and Philander Smith College Archives. This individual will work closely with the Library Director to support and troubleshoot automated library services related to the following: ILS and catalog maintenance, electronic resource management and link resolver. The primary responsibilities include ensuring student access to electronic resources, maintaining E-Journal coverage information and managing daily operations of PSC Archives & Special Collections along with serving as the primary contact for research requests. We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive healthcare coverage, vacation time and extended time off with campus breaks, education assistance, and retirement programs. Want to become a part of our dynamic team? Send your to resume to email@example.com. to apply.
Seeking an outgoing person who is able to initiate customer service interactions proactively to work in a full-time public service position at Fletcher Library managing the audio-visual collection and performing back-up duties for the holds manager. AV duties include cleaning and repair, contacting patrons regarding missing or damaged items, and working with the branch and collection development managers to curate Fletcher’s AV collection. Back-up holds duties include clearing the hold shelf, performing a weekly hold shelf inventory, and locating outstanding holds. Additional responsibilities include working the public service desk, and completing daily workroom tasks. Ability to provide instructional assistance on computers, self-check kiosks, and digital devices, as well as excellent communication and customer service skills required. Familiarity with technology, digital media, and popular reading and entertainment materials desirable. Must be able to work cooperatively with staff and public. Some evenings and every other Saturday required. Salary starts at $10.78/hour with excellent benefits. Please send application and resumé to Elizabeth Wooley at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on 8/5/2019.
Shorter College is looking for a library director. See the PDF file for a full job description: Job Posting Librarian.pdf.
Copyright © 2019 Arkansas Library Association. All rights reserved.