The UA Little Rock Ottenheimer Library is seeking an experienced professional to serve in the capacity of Information Technology Coordinator.
Summary of Job Duties:The Information Technology Coordinator is a position within Information Technology Services that is responsible for overseeing the technical operations of the Ottenheimer Library, Sequoyah National Research Center, Center for Arkansas History and Culture, and UA Little Rock Downtown. In this role, the coordinator will collaborate with personnel throughout the university, and with external partners to develop and manage leading-edge, technology-rich library and archival services. This position is governed by state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent of education and work experience plus a minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization, five (5) years of relevant experience, plus 1 year of supervisory experience. Experience providing training and instruction to colleagues, other faculty, and students. Experience with Windows Server administration, systems management and automation, scripting, database administration, Pharos, ArcGIS, MySQL, and archival/library applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist directors from each unit in developing and maintaining the division's technology vision, strategy, policies, standards, and replacement plans;
- Provide direct support to users both virtually and in-person in a responsive, customer service-focused manner;
- Administer ( daily maintenance, updates, upgrades, backups, troubleshooting, etc.) all non-ILS (integrated library system) and non-discovery-related servers and perform systems administration and configuration work ( examples include digital repository, file servers, databases, ArchivesSpace, websites (WordPress), print management, etc.);
- Manage a partnership with central IT Services and with other distributed technology services units to ensure service level quality and coordinate user support activities with IT Services;
- Coordinate as necessary with the service desk operation within IT Services;
- Oversee service level quality with external vendors;
- Perform systems management for all technology, including setups, configurations, repairs, deployments, software updates, patch management, and inventories;
- Manage all Library, CAHC, SNRC, and UA Little Rock Downtown technology projects according to project management principles;
- Develop and oversee the technology-related business continuity and disaster recovery plans for the units;
- Ensure the documentation of procedures, standards, project management activities, and change control processes;
- Consult with users on a variety of technology issues, including new equipment purchases, software options, and other solutions;
- Report on status, success, problems, and outages in a professional and timely manner;
- The units’ operation includes some 24/7 services, so this position includes an expectation that the employee will be able to respond to problems after hours, at night, and on weekends;
- Develop and conduct training workshops;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated technical competency;
- Strong technical documentation skills;
- Ability to apply proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Experience monitoring and evaluating emerging technologies;
- Commitment to excellent customer service;
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to handle and oversee multiple projects and tasks at one time;
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language;
- Ability to work independently and in groups;
- Commitment and ability to work effectively with diverse populations in a collegial environment;
- Self-motivated and directed;
- Keen attention to detail;
- On-call availability.
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume
Required Documents to Apply:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of Three (3) References
To apply visit: