Note: Applications will now be accepted until February 5, 2019.
Posted 11/26/2018 – 12/26/2018
Requisition ID 2018-46011
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Department AA Library Education & References Srvs
The Education and Research Services (E&RS) Department at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Library is seeking a faculty member to coordinate educational programs and provide assessment of educational initiatives within the Library. S/He promotes institution-wide awareness of library services, collections and resources, and teaches information management skills in support of education, research, and patient care. S/He leads efforts to assess the information needs of UAMS students, faculty and staff both on and off campus.
UAMS is the only academic health sciences center in Arkansas with the central campus in Little Rock, the Northwest campus in Fayetteville and Regional Centers around the state. Founded in 1879, UAMS is located in Mid-town Little Rock and is the only designated adult level one trauma center in Arkansas. In 2009, UAMS opened a new 540,000 square-foot hospital with 234 adult beds and 60 neonatal beds increasing the total number of beds to 450. The state-of-the art hospital, outpatient center, and specialized institutes of excellence provide world-class care. The UAMS Library, which is centrally located on campus, is integrated into every aspect of the campus mission and supports the education, clinical, research, and outreach activities of six colleges (Graduate School, Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health.) Faculty, staff, and students work and study in a stimulating and culturally diverse environment. The UAMS Library serves the health information needs of the citizens of Pulaski County and provides support to the rest of the state through a network of Regional Center Libraries. Additional information about UAMS can be found at http://web.uams.edu/about/fast-facts. Information on the beautiful, vibrant city of Little Rock can be found at http://www.littlerock.com/.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
This is a full-time, non-tenured faculty position with rank and salary commensurate with the individual’s education and experience.
- Plans and evaluates educational services within the Library (based on ACRL Standards).
- Collaborates with faculty to identify and deliver course-integrated instruction.
- Works with library personnel to ensure they are prepared to successfully assist users.
- Develops educational materials including online tutorials and LibGuides.
- Expands instructional methods utilizing online meeting spaces (such as CoSpace or IVN) for remote educational sessions.
- Investigates new technologies; designs and implements new initiatives to improve the delivery of instructional and informational services; and provides training as necessary.
- Compiles instructional statistics and maintains documentation for educational programs.
- Contributes to the Education Team and teaches classes
- Contributes to the Research and Clinical Search Services Team by conducting literature searches and maintaining searching technical skills.
- Provides departmental coverage, fulfills reference/research requests and consultations.
- Provides presentations across campus on specific resources.
- Assists the Outreach Team with exhibits, presentations and classes.
- Serves on library and university committees.
- Supports all members of the Liaison Team with educational programming, and acts as liaison to assigned college, department and/or unit.
- Actively participates in Library’s programs, services and strategic planning processes.
- Contributes to special projects and department workflow as designated.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in library/information science or equivalent PLUS at least two (2) years of professional experience in an academic library
- Advanced skill in research, program assessment and evaluation
- Experience in teaching and/or making public presentations
- Experience searching literature databases
- Education and/or experience in life sciences
- Experience with ACRL educational standards
- Experience searching MEDLINE and other biomedical databases
- Experience developing educational modules or programs
- Experience with Camtasia, Blackboard, LibGuides and/or CoSpace
- Project management and/or team leadership and consensus building experience
- Experience promoting library resources and educational services via innovative, technology based methods including social media outlets
- Commitment to continuing professional development and participation in professional activities
- Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP) Credentials
- Ability to work well independently, as part of a team, and as the leader of a team
- Ability to collaborate with a broad range of health professionals on educational projects
- Record of participation in scholarly work (e.g. design, implementation, analysis, publication and presentation)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and written and oral communication ability
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Quiet
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
PROCESS TO APPLY
UAMS has recently instituted an online application process. Interested candidates should follow the instructions below for submitting their application.
NOTE: The system only allows one document to be uploaded so the cover letter and CV must be in a single document.
- 1. Go to https://jobs.uams.edu
- 2. Click on Search Jobs button
- 3. Scroll down screen to Job Search
- 4. Category – select Faculty from Drop-down box
- 5. Position – select Regular Full Time from Drop-down box
- 6. Location – select Little Rock from Drop-down box
- 7. Click Search button
- 8. On following screen, click Assistant/Associate Professor
To apply, click the button at end of the full job description.
Applications can only be accepted via the online submission system.