Responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of the library and its staff and creating a warm and hospitable atmosphere. Library duties include maintaining circulation, servicing patrons’ resource needs, supervising and training staff and volunteers, managing the library’s operations, and coordinating with other city departments.
· Leadership and Strategic Planning
· Work closely with City administration on budget, policies, and community-based long-range plan.
· Ensure the library meets the expected standards and changes in policy to city administration.
· Work as a representative for the City with any non-profit or support organizations
· Assist with grant writing and grant reporting.
· Management & Administration
· Responsible for managing all day-to-day operations of the library.
· Primary responsibility for personnel matters related to Library staff including hiring, adequate training, day-to-day management, scheduling, and evaluations for all library staff.
· Ensure proper oversight of the library’s finances in partnership with City administration.
· Responsible for all City, State and Federal reporting requirements.
· Ensure a safe physical environment.
· Library Services, Programs, Outreach & Partnerships
· Responsible for carrying out the Library’s Collection Development Policy to develop a collection that meets community needs.
· Responsible for collection management software and its utilization.
· Ensure that all programs on or off site reflect the library’s policies and safety protocols.
· Manage community partnerships and outreach efforts.
· Maintain an updated record of patrons’ contact information for library outreach.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions and responsibilities that comprise this position. The City of Gentry is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
· Masters in Library Sciences from ALA accredited institution
· 5 years of increasing responsibility at a library
· 3 years of supervisory experience
· Experience with maintaining a library's collection.
· Familiarity with current software and comfort with learning new programs
· Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are important for this position.
· The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, organized, thorough and dependable.
· The incumbent must be able to move through the library, which at times may only be accessible by stairs.
· The incumbent may also need to travel and attend events on behalf of the library.