ULM Library would like to submit this job posting for your consideration. We will consider new graduates. The link and the posting text are below. Thank you!
Serves as the library’s embedded liaison to faculty, students, and staff at one of ULM's colleges. Provides instruction, reference assistance, and information-literacy planning in person and via email during business hours. This is a tenure track position with the rank of Assistant Professor.
Duties and Responsibilities
• User instruction and scholarly engagement.
• Collaboration with the dean’s office and the teaching faculty of the assigned college to plan library instruction and information literacy teaching activities.
• Collaborating closely with the various schools under the respective college.
• Assistance with traditional (print) and electronic resources such as the online catalog and web-based sources.
• Liaison and collection development activities in an area determined by interest, credentials, and need.
• Promoting library skills to all university community groups.
• Review and edit newly submitted graduate theses and dissertations.
• Service to the library, university, community, and profession
• Other duties as assigned by the Library Director.
Minimum QualificationsAmerican Library Association (ALA) accredited Master’s degree in Library Science
Excellent oral and written communication skills