West Fork Public Library
Part-Time: (11 hours per week). Wednesdays and Fridays, 12:30-6:00pm
Pay range: $11.00- $11.44 hourly
High school diploma or equivalent.
Some experience working or volunteering in libraries
Provides excellent customer service and presents a positive image of the library in attitude, appearance and performance of duties.
Processing and issuing library cards, checking materials in and out, filling reserve requests, and collecting fines and fees.
Answers incoming phone calls; makes referrals or takes messages as appropriate.
Ensures that circulation procedures maintain patrons’ confidentiality.
Sorts and shelves library materials. Maintains order of the collection to facilitate public access to resources.
Assists the public in use of patron computers, printer, copier, and all other library technology.
Cleans public areas as needed.
Refers reference questions to the librarian.
Promotes library classes and events to the public, including creating promotional materials and posting to social media
Participates in Library staff meetings in a positive and professional manner.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to exercise good judgment and to make decisions within stated guidelines.
- Ability to work independently in a wide variety of situations.
- Ability to apply library rules and regulations as found in staff manuals and statements of library policy.
- Ability to communicate with the public and staff effectively in person, in writing, and by telephone.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately; pay attention to detail.
- Ability to shelve and retrieve library materials.
- Ability to keep confidential records and perform routine tasks.
- Ability to learn library methods, techniques and computerized databases.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and work in a team environment.
Must be able to stoop, bend, walk and reach heights of six (6) feet.
Must be able to lift or pull book bags and equipment up to fifty (50) pounds.
Must be able to push book carts
Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org