Philander Smith College is currently accepting applications for the position of Technical Services & Reference Librarian.
Under the supervision of the Director of Library, the Technical Services & Reference Librarian assists in the management of the Integrated Library Systems and Interlibrary loan, as well as the promotion, development and delivery of library instruction, reference services, and online resource support to the Philander Smith community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- • Assist students, faculty, administration, and the public with research needs in person, by phone, and remotely.
- • Assist in the management of the Integrated Library Systems and interlibrary loan.
- • Develop and conduct library instruction sessions, print and electronic library research guides, and assignments that incorporate ACRL Information Literacy Standards.
- • Oversee enhancing, upgrading and editing of existing MARC records using RDA, DD Classification, LCSH, MARC21 format, MarcEdit, OCLC, Library of Congress and the library's automated system.
- • Assist in collection development activities in all forms of library information resources.
- • Engage in outreach strategies to students, faculty, staff, and administration to increase awareness about library resources and services.
- • Assist patrons using software, internet applications, printing, and college-related online services accessed through the library's public workstations.
- • Master of Library Science Degree from an ALA-accredited program.
- • Experience in an academic library.
- • Experience with an integrated library system (ILS), interlibrary loan, knowledge of MS Office, Google platforms and library databases.
- • Excellent customer service, reference and library instruction skills.
- • Ability to multitask be service-oriented, and work well with the public.
- • Collection development experience.
- • Familiarity with emerging Web and information technologies.
HOW TO APPLY:
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Interested applicants should submit a letter of application, resume, copies of transcripts and
three letters of professional recommendations to: firstname.lastname@example.org Email subject line should include the full name of the position for which you are applying and documents should be in Word format. You may also mail your information to:
Philander Smith College Attn: Office of Human Resources
900 Daisy Bates Drive Little Rock, AR 72202
Philander Smith College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status or religion. Philander Smith College is a smoke-free and drug-free work environment. Philander Smith College participates in E Verify.