The Library Administrator is responsible for directing all activities of the Van Buren County library including operations, resources, and staff.
Minimum qualifications include extensive leadership and customer service experience, preferably in a public library environment, personnel management and supervisory experience. An MLS degree or an equivalent combination of education and related experience is desirable.
Must have the ability to interact successfully with the public; knowledge of books and reading; excellent written and oral communications skills; advanced computer skills; and a valid driver’s license.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Computer fluency and willingness to learn new technologies.
· Knowledge of professional library principles and practices
· Understands and is knowledgeable about the County’s community, culture,lifestyles and interests and develops library services to more effectively meet present and future community needs consistent with the community expectations.
· Must like working with people and be able to cooperate with other staff
· Ability to make decisions and supervise the work of others. Ability to make a schedule to fit patron demand.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights (until 8:00 p.m.) and Saturdays
· Position requires walking and standing for long periods. Requires light lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds.
· Reports to a five member Library Board to fulfill the mission of the library. Provides information to the Board concerning Library programs, services, collections, operations, and facilities; local issues; use statistics; and other information required for effective planning. Assists the Board with management of capital projects and facilities projects and renovations.The administrator formulates, proposes, presents and administers library policy for Board approval.
· Reports to the Van Buren quorum court on the state of the library and works with the court to draft a library budget.
· Supervises library employees and makes schedule; assigns work and tasks to employees
· Serves as final authority on all personnel matters.
· Reviews and approves bank deposits and employees’ timesheets.
· Oversees ordering for the library, including the collection and supplies.
· Ensures library is clean, orderly, and that systems and equipment are maintained and functioning
· Works with the Judge's office to coordinate library planning with County needs and represents the library on county committees.
· Serves as a liaison to the Friends of the Library, assisting with fund raisers, membership drives, and promotion.
· Advocates locally, regionally, and nationally on behalf of public libraries to increase greater awareness of public libraries; increase community support, and facilitate sustainable funding.
· Manages and schedules meeting room reservations
· Manages and schedules volunteers
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, paying $31,200 to $35,360 depending upon prior experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid sick leave, and paid time off.
Interested parties should email me: firstname.lastname@example.org