We are looking for a dynamic librarian to work with our awesome team.
Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library Information prior to July 1, 2021 start date.
- Training, supervising, scheduling and managing library student workers, directing their work and ensuring the work of the library (shelving, shelf reading, inventory, , etc.) is completed during their shifts.
- Staffing the Front Desk along with student workers, assisting Library patrons with circulation activities such as checking items in and out and using library technology, answering the front desk phone, responding to the library’s general email, CHAT and directing scheduled student workers;
- Providing directional and informational assistance and simple reference assistance to users, requiring a general knowledge of the library’s physical facility, organization, collections and policies;
- Overseeing course reserve materials and processing;
- Staying current with library circulation technology and trends and recommending best practices for library staff in these areas;
- Compiling statistics and submitting reports to the Library Director.
- Working with Librarians to fulfill interlibrary loan requests and resource-sharing requests using OCLC ILL;
- Scheduling library rooms.
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com. Application materials must be received by May 14, 2021. For additional information, contact Lynn.Valetutti@np.edu.