Assistant Branch Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for assisting the Branch Manager in managing the branch personnel, including scheduling, hiring, training, task assignment, motivating, and evaluations. Assist with the daily operations of the branch and other activities. Keeps in touch with library developments by attending in-service workshops and conferences. Supports the Library System’s mission, goals, and strategic plan. Responsible for youth/adult programming and outreach. Act as the supervisor in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- 2+ years of management and customer services experience in a Library environment preferred
- Experience in early childhood education preferred, customer service and working with youth or seniors or other adult groups. Familiarity with current technologies including social media; library databases, computer software, word processing, and the Internet
- Effectively present library programs to all ages with special emphasis on programs for youth or seniors
- Ability to learn and use Library’s computerized circulation system as well as other computer software applications, especially Microsoft Office Suite
- Communicate effectively, patiently and courteously with Library employees, patrons, and other community members especially in articulating and enforcing Library policies
- Exhibit a positive and enthusiastic approach to public library service
- Ability to lift 30-40 pound filled book bins and setup tables and move chairs for library programs
- Must be able to work mornings, evenings, and some weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact at all levels
BENEFITS AND SALARY
This position will pay $13.00 per hour paid monthly. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance and MS Retirement Plan (PERS).
Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science preferred.
For more information apply online at firstregional.org
Email online application to: firstname.lastname@example.org