We all know someone who is deserving of these awards. Don't let them go unnoticed!
Nominate someone today! Deadline for Nominations: June 29, 2018
A nomination form can be found with more information on the ArLA website at:
Below is a short description of each Award.
• LaNell Compton Prize given to the author of the best contribution to library literature published in Arkansas Libraries.
• Frances P. Neal Award is given to recognize a career of notable service in librarianship within the state of Arkansas.
• Distinguished Service Award is given to recognize distinguished service in librarianship, e.g., continuing service to the Arkansas Library Association, outstanding achievement in some area of librarianship, active participation in library affairs, notable published professional writing, etc.
• Bessie B. Moore Trustee Award is given to an individual trustee or board of trustees who/which has made a significant contribution to the development of a library at the local, regional or state level.
• Retta Patrick Award recognizes an individual member of the Arkansas library profession who has made an outstanding state or national contribution to school librarianship and school library development.
• Arkansas/SIRS Intellectual Freedom Award given to a person(s) or group(s) for notable contributions that have furthered the cause of intellectual freedom on behalf of a library in the state of Arkansas.
• Lorrie Shuff Paraprofessional Award is given to recognize distinguished Paraprofessional library service in Arkansas libraries.
• Suzanne Spurrier Academic Librarian Award recognizes an outstanding academic librarian within the state of Arkansas.
• Ann Lightsey Children's Librarian Award - Named in honor of Ann Lightsey, a children's librarian who dedicated her life to children and reading.
• Rising Star - the award is to recognize a library worker who has worked in libraries less than 5 years